|Gargantuan Dragon, lawful neutral|
Armor Class 21 (natural armor)
Hit Points 312 (16d20 + 144)
Speed 40 ft., fly 80 ft., swim 40 ft.
|25 (+7)||10 (+0)||29 (+9)||14 (+2)||20 (+5)||17 (+3)|
Saving Throws Agi +7, End, +16, Wil +12, Per +10
Skills Perception +19, Stealth +7
Damage Immunities cold
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 29
Languages Dovahzul, Tamrielic
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If the glacial dragon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.Frost Aura. The dragon surrounds itself in a 10-foot aura of frost. A creature that starts its turn within the aura, or who enters it for the first time on their turn, takes 6 (1d12) cold damage and must make a DC 20 Endurance saving throw. On a failed save, the creature’s speed is reduced by 10 for the next minute. If a creature’s saving throw is successful, the creature is immune to having their speed reduced by the dragon’s Frost Aura of the next 24 hours. Water within the aura freezes within 1 minute.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 18 (2d10 + 7) piercing damage, plus 13 (3d8) cold damage.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d6 + 7) slashing damage.
Tail Whip. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (2d8 + 7) bludgeoning damage.
Frostshard. Ranged Spell Attack: +16 to hit, range 120 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (3d8) cold damage.
Frightful Presence. Each creature of the dragon’s choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 18 Willpower saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon’s Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.
Summon Atronach (1/Day). The dragon summons 1 frost atronach. The atronach appears within 30 feet of the dragon in an unoccupied space that it can see. The atronach remains for 1 hour, until the dragon dies, or the dragon dismisses it as a bonus action.
Dragon Shouts (Recharge 5-6). The dragon uses one of the following dragon shouts:
Frost Breath (Fo Krah Diin) The dragon exhales an icy blast in a 90-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 24 Endurance saving throw, taking 67 (15d8) cold damage on a failed save, or half as much on a successful one. Additionally, 1d4 ice wraiths appear in an unoccupied space within the area of the Frost Breath and act as allies of the dragon. The wyrms remain for 1 hour, until the dragon dies, or the dragon dismisses them as a bonus action.Relentless Gale (Fus Aaz Riik). The dragon creates a gale of force in a 60-foot radius centered on the dragon. Each creature in that area must make a DC 24 Strength saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 42 (12d6) force damage, is knocked 20 feet away from the dragon and falls prone. On a successful save, the creature takes takes half as much damage and isn’t knocked back.
Detect. The dragon makes a Willpower (Perception) check.
Frostshards. The dragon makes a frostshard attack.
Tail Attack. The dragon makes a tail whip attack.Wing Thrash (Costs 2 Actions). The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 10 feet of the dragon must succeed on a DC 22 Agility saving throw or take 14 (2d6 + 7) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then move up to half its flying speed.
Found In: Enemies of Elsweyr
Frost dragons have broad, short snouts with large fangs in a gaping maw. Their shimmering opalescent scales appear white, and reflect shades of icy blue and silver. Slow to trust and hard to convince, frost dragon’s motivation can be difficult to understand, which makes them terrifying to encounter.
A Frost Dragon's Lair
Perched in the ice capped mountains or in deep valleys of snow, frost dragons are most at home in areas of deep cold. A legendary frost dragon can create their ideal habitat regardless of the climate they choose to call home.
On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), the dragon takes a lair action to cause one of the following effects; the dragon can’t use the same effect two rounds in a row:
- Freezing winds swirl around in a 30-foot-radius sphere centered on a point the dragon can see within 120 feet of it. The winds last until initiative count 20 on the next round. Each creature within the winds must succeed on a DC 15 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. The area within the freezing winds is lightly obscured by the blizzard and ranged weapon attacks that pass through the winds have disadvantage. Any creature moving through the wind must spend 1 extra foot of movement for each foot moved.
- The ground freezes into a sheet of ice in a 10-foot radius circle centered on a point the dragon can see within 120 feet of it. The ice is covered in sharp icicles and lasts for the next minute or until the dragon uses this lair action again. The ice is difficult terrain. Each creature on the ice when it forms, and creatures that enter the ice for the first time on their turn, must succeed on a DC 15 Agility saving throw or take 10 (3d6) piercing damage and be knocked prone. A creature that is knocked prone while on the ice takes 10 (3d6) piercing damage.
- The dragon creates an opaque wall of ice on a solid surface it can see within 120 feet of it. The wall can be up to 30 feet long, 30 feet high, and 1 foot thick. When the wall appears, each creature within its area is pushed 5 feet out of the wall’s space, appearing on whichever side of the wall it wants. Each 10-foot section of the wall has AC 5, 30 hit points, vulnerability to fire damage, and immunity to acid, cold, necrotic, poison, and psychic damage. The wall disappears when the dragon uses this lair action again or when the dragon dies.
The region containing a frost dragon’s lair is warped by the dragon’s magic, which creates one or more of the following effects:
- Freezing precipitation falls within 6 miles of the dragon’s lair, sometimes forming blizzard conditions when the dragon is at rest.
- The temperature drops significantly in the area within a 1 mile radius centered on the dragons lair. The frigid temperature has the effects of extreme cold.
- Icy walls block off areas in the dragon’s lair. Each wall is 6 inches thick, and a 10-foot section has AC 5, 15 hit points, vulnerability to fire damage, and immunity to acid, cold, necrotic, poison, and psychic damage. If the dragon moves through a wall, it can do so without slowing down. The portion of the wall the dragon moves through is destroyed, however.
If the dragon dies, these effects fade and the ice walls melt over the course of 1d10 days.
- 2022-02-19: Changed "frost wyrms" to "ice wraiths" under Frost Breath.